Sunday, March 11, 2007

Finally a post!

Yes it is true. It has been over a month since I last had a moment to blog but I thought I'd sit down tonight and at least get started again!

Scrapbook Dimensions Magazine is coming along swimmingly! I just love all the interest from people who are ready to or all ready hybrid scrapbooking. Of course the "hybrid" scrapbooker can also be called the Tradigi Scrapbooker or my personal LOL fav - the biscraptual. This past week I had an opportunity to head out to PMA here in Las Vegas and I think I coined a new "type" of hybrid... the metroscraptutal man. LOL I met several guys at PMA that scrapbook and are interested in the concept of hybriding and during our conversations I said that they were our new demographic... the metro-scrapper making them a metroscraptual. So.... if we start hearing this term around the scrapworld you can say you officially know who coined it!~

THE FIRST CHALLENGE

So I wanted to challenge you all to start focusing more on a hybrid approach to scrapbooking. If you are already a digital scrapbooker I want you to look at your pages and think about items (that may be digital like brads, stickers, alphas, etc) that you could use from the traditional standpoint and if you are a traditional scrapbooker I'd like to encourage you to look on your computer and see what software programs you have. If you don't have photo editing software like Microsoft Digital Image Suite (formerly known as Microsoft Digital Image Pro), Adobe Photoshop Elements or Adobe Photoshop CS / CS 2 etc, Paint Shop Pro or Photo Impact, google the programs online and download a free trial version. This will give you an opportunity to test drive the program before actually purchasing it.

As you start looking into the variety of options out there you will find that hybriding is so much fun and has so many simple applications. You may already be hybriding and not even know it!

I'll be back soon (honest sooner than 1 month!) to post a new challenge and just general chatter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

Great tips and challenge! Love that term Metroscraptuals~~~=!!!

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home