Friday, December 23, 2005

I cannot believe it is nearly Christmas. I can't say I've been overly busy and yet I have had no time! Funny how that is!

I did have a bit of computer woes this month with a laptop (which is my primary computer) deciding that it was not happy with me. After weeks of it just "shutting off" (as in power down without warning) we have finally got it back up and running. Not quite sure if it is 100% fixed but so far so good!

Today Jeramis and I went out to the movies and watched Memoirs of a Geisha. I have been longing for a bit of Japan and it was so wonderful to watch this movie (despite its length) I loved the views of Kyoto which are still very much like how it appears today in many of the areas. There were many portions of the movie where I smiled and could vividly picture the place they were filming as I myself have walked many a same path.

While I loved the glimpse back into something I have grown to love it was also hard to sit there... missing it! I wanted to be there.

It was a little over a year ago when I walked the streets of Kyoto and Nara and experienced first hand the old and new versions of the city. I am anxious for another trip to that amazing place.

I am looking forward to the holidays. The children are excited and our tree is being held up by a bounty of gifts. Unfortunately we went with a live tree this year (the first live tree since we've been married and had children!) I was extremely excited and must say that I just LOVE the fresh smell of a fir... and yet, unfortunately, it is not going to make it past Christmas day as the branches are nearly brittle and crisp. I am sad to have to take it down before my birthday as it has always been a tradition to keep it up. We have put up two trees though, since we kept the small artificial tree that we had... It is in the family room and we will leave it up until January, as per the tradition.

I am grateful for this holiday season. I sit here this month and reflect on this year and while it has not been the best of times for me, it has been good. I am lucky to have such a wonderful family. I am grateful for the love and respect in our home. I am grateful to be able to give our children so many wonderful opportunities. I was so blest to spend time in Japan and to have the opportunity to learn and grow to love a culture that is so different and yet so similar to our own. If it were not for my sweet husband none of that would be possible.

Despite the sorrow I have felt due to our move I have truly come to realize that I have grown from what I have learned, not only about myself but about others.

For those who come to read this blog and who send me emails, etc... Know that you are in my heart and our friendship is also a blessing to me. Thank you and please take time this season to reflect on who you are and why you are here... Know that this season is more than lights and gifts... it is about a deeper value in humanity and in our exisitance.

Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas- As always, there will be more to come!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home