Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Summer time..... Wow. The livin' hasn't been easy this summer. It has been busy, busy.



I had the pleasure of attending Summer CHA in Chicago and boy was it great! There are so many wonderful products out there that are coming forward for the hybrid & digital scrapbooker.





I wanted to share a few of my favorites with you as well as some pictures! The show was so much fun and of course I can't go anywhere without my camera! Also, if you'd like to see some things we featured, check out the videos at our website. http://www.scrapbookdimensions.com/ ... I'm even in a few.




My # 1 FAVORITE product wasn't actually found at CHA! *GASP!* It was found before CHA at a convention for photographers. The product is called the Xshot and it is a hand held pod that attaches to the base of point & shoot cameras... I've used it on my Sony Cybershot and Canon Cybershot (older camera) and it works with both of them. I took my little Cybershot to CHA since it fits in my pocket :). The arm extends over 3 feet allowing you to capture a group of people or even of just yourself. It is super easy to use. Go to http://www.xshotpix.com/ to see a picture of it.... this is a product that I would say is worth more than its weight in gold. It fits in my purse when it is collapsed and can be ready in a moments notice. I no longer find myself OUTSIDE the pictures! (well, that's not always a good thing! hah) Instead I can be in the photo too, which I love when we're doing family shots or when the kids want to go on an outing and I don't have someone else to snap a picture. The price makes it a perfect stocking stuffer, perfect baby shower gift, teenager on a road trip splurge, etc. It's an AWESOME product. The picture above, of me and some of the magazine staff, was taken with the Xshot :) Isn't it cooL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Okay, products I saw that I really thought were great.


Glitz Designs - This company has CD's of designs that you can alter to fit any color scheme and to top it off they have some great bling and accessories. Really cute staff and I think a product with huge potential for the hybrid market. Loved meeting them. We'll have a video interview on our website soon... you can check it out at http://www.scrapbookdimensions.com/ Then go to the CHA Video tab and look for Glitz.



Tinkering Ink, of course, is a favorite of mine. I like the paper style and that they offer it on CD. While the price is higher than what most digital scrapbookers will pay, I think that for hybrid, it's a great investment. (especially since you can mix designs on the CD with their papers!) I also love their lotion... you can use it while you scrap... it won't leave an icky residue behind.

There were a bunch of really great chipboard albums/boardbooks from numerous companies.

Piggy Tales has a really cool Hide & Seek flap book which is just itching to be decorate. I also love their barn doors... Their papers are cute too... Really fresh and fun company :)

Dove's Of the East has an amazing Japan line that came out. Really gorgeous colors. I'm looking forward to playing with it.


Karen Fosters, Carolee's Creations, Technique Tuesday, Me & My Big Ideas and so many other companies have come out with a number of creative, multi-use items. Their new products are worth checking out.

As for themes... swirls, vintage, lace, and grunge all seemed to be major players across the show floor.

CHA's theme was "Summer of Love." They had a fun event Saturday night. Austin Powers made an appearance, there was dancing, face painting, groovy music and so much more... of course, armed with my camera I snapped a few blackmail photos :)





It was a fun event. I enjoyed dancing a bit and of course I had to get my face painted... it's the kid in me!




After the show closed Sunday a few of the gals and I went into downtown Chicago. We hit the Magnificent Mile, the Navy Pier and the Park. I loved it. I loved the change in scenery. Neat city, I must say. And I found out that there is a McFadden's of Chicago... next time I'm in town I will DEFINITELY be hitting that spot!

The thing I liked most about downtown was this fountain.... it was SO cool. I had to play in the water a bit but more than anything I enjoyed getting some neat photographs of it.




I need to dig through some more pictures and I'll be back to post more of my favorites!

PHOTOGRAPHY CHALLENGE -
Incorporate a uniquely posed photograph into your layout. Post your layout in our gallery at http://www.scrapbookdimensions.com/ and then email me or send me a PM and I'll check it out.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home